Gamercard

Friday, April 8, 2011

Just deal with it.

My mother invited me to eat dinner with her today. She rarely ever does something like that without a purpose so I was a little iffy about the whole situation. We went a nice Japanese buffet. After a full stomach, she drove me back home. When I was about to get out the car, she asked if she can come in for a second. I assumed she just needed to use the bathroom, so I said sure. She came in my bedroom with a CVS bag. I asked her what was going on. She said she just wanted to talk to me about something. She starting talking about her belief system and why she believes in God. At this point I was starting to tell that she was trying to convert my beliefs as an atheist. She said she wants me to keep an open mind that there is something out there. She was almost brought to tears.

But I’m sorry mom. It’s not happening. I’m not changing my views, even if my own mother wants me too. Just accept the fact that I don’t believe in what you believe in. She kept saying that their must be some evil spirit in my room stopping me from seeing “the truth.” In all due respect, shut up mom. Why does it matter what I believe in? I’m still your son. I’m still a good person. Thinking there is some spiritual being watching every move I make, doesn’t mean my life is going to be any better or worse. In my eyes, life is random and shit happens. I don’t try and give people speeches on why I’m atheist. Stop trying to force beliefs down my throat and leave it the fuck be.

No comments:

Post a Comment