Gamercard

Saturday, March 5, 2011

I never really cared about name brands, and I’m not understanding people’s obsession with them.

When I was in middle school my mom bought me a pair of FUBU shoes. First of all, I had no idea that they made shoes, so I was kind of surprised by that. Anyways, one day I went to a Circuit City (they were still around), and an employee complimented me. “Damn, son those some nice ass shoes. What are they? Jordans?” I said “no, they’re FUBU.” He laughed and said “oh, never mind” So all of a sudden the shoes don’t look good because of the name brand. They look nice as Jordans, but if the same exact shoe is FUBU, it’s laughable. From that point on, I realized that people are easily brainwashed. If you’re that materialistic, then you need to really take a look at your life and your choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment